Thursday, March 27, 2003

Political Grime

"TRIGGER HAPPY YANKS" read this informed piece of social comment on the back of a haulage lorry at the M20/M26 westbound interchange this morning.
Tuesdays grime made me laugh, today's incensed me. All I can say is that,
a) I'd rather be on the U.K side than the Iraq side
b) I'd rather live in the U.K than Iraq.


War is unpleasant, never desirable, but sometimes, you just have to kick someone's butt, especially when the only language they understand is violence, torture, aggression, dictatorship and oppression. Diplomacy and Democracy works best when your dealing with democratic States that embrace the diplomatic process, not those that use it as a veil to continue covert, illegal activities that endanger millions of peoples lives.

Finally, I hope for the well-being of ALL involved in this conflict be they coalition or Iraqi. My thoughts are with them, their families and their friends. I hope for swift, peaceful solution soon.

No comments: