Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Spoons
Once upon a time I used to have a teaspoon in my works mug. A proper metal one. This I finally lost approximately 3 years ago after it successfully followed me in my career since 1985. Rather than buy a replacement spoon, I have relied on a succession of plastic spoons from the canteen. The longevity of these varies, especially when placed in very hot water. The spoon bends in a variety of distorted directions, making each successive use a new and rewarding experience. My final 'teaspoon' snapped in the cup yesterday, leaving me with the only free alternative from the canteen... a rather splendid plastic desert spoon. Now this may seem odd, bearing in mind I'm using it for coffee, but even odder, is that this is the only type of spoon available to eat a variety of potted products. A yogurt can last as many as 4 spoonfuls.
When I say coffee, it also includes Green Tea with Lemongrass.

No comments: