Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm No Neil Peart... #00002

"Ikhnaton And Itsacon And Their Band Of Merry Men"

It's a damp steely morning on the M23 slip road leaving the M25, I'm 15 miles from my destination "I Know What I Like (In my Wardrobe)" straining away, "Me I'm just a lawnmower", I smile, remember that Genesis used to play as "Under the Garden Wall" at secret warm up gigs. "Six saintly shrouded men move across the lawn slowly" Essex Radio... the only copy I had of "Supper's Ready" for years was the one I taped off Essex Radio. Was that the night Schenker the goldfish got a mention, probably not. What was this guy on? "Dad diddley office, Dad diddley office", glad I'm not eating this supper, I thought the nightmares started after you eat not before. Apocalypse In 9/8... there was a time when I knew every single biblical reference in this verse, now I just wished I hadn't and I wish it were a pure stream of Gabriel consciousness. I write another letter to Dave, I ask him where he stashed the 75,000 CDs the police couldn't account for. A pheasant flies across the motorway at a height of 4 feet... evolution will sort that flight pattern out for sure...

No comments: